The Perth Artifactory is the Hackerspace in Perth, Western Australia. We currently occupy a large warehouse unit in Osborne Park and have been busily populating it with tools, both robotic and non-robotic, technology, desks and workstations.
- Unit 8 / 16 Guthrie Street, Osborne Park, WA 6015
The Artifactory hosts the following recurring events:
NOIZEMASCHIN, our series of experimental audio and video gigs, has a dedicated website
- 19:00–23:00 General Hacking Night
- 19:30–22:00 Wine & Design – an evening of contemplating artifact and interior design – partly with the aim of making the Space look cool, partly to develop an Artifactory Aesthetic. Bring a Bottle and some Books
- 10:30–17:00 General Hacking Day – an event attended by a lot of members to work on their own projects, or on facilities, decorations and infrastructure for the Space. Public most welcome. Once a month we try to have an Open Day / Tool Training Day / New Member Induction, but any Saturday is a great time to come down and check out the space and learn to use it – members and public alike.
- 11–17:00 Sunday Crafternoon – An emphasis on more decorative and finely-detailed Making, a pleasantly constructive way to while away a weekend afternoon. You can still use the heavy + robotic tools, of course! Public most welcome
The name Artifactory is the joining of the words artifact and factory, so maybe we lost a “fact” (or two) along the way with the motto – Don’t think. Make.
We currently have over 40 financial members and many regular visitors to the space during the various theme nights. Remember visitors are always welcome – before heading down check the webcams to make certain someone will be there to meet you.
We are dedicated to providing a place where people of all backgrounds with an interest in technology can come together to work on projects, share ideas and socialise.
The Perth Artifactory Incorporated is a non-profit incorporated association in Western Australia.